An unloved, dirty, gritty chain makes for a frustrating riding experience. Use our Sprocket Rocket chain cleaning device for a deep, complete clean without having to remove the chain from your bike.
- 88 brushes
- 4 cleaning stages
- 100ml capacity
- Before starting, be sure to lay down protection on the floor, such as newspaper or cloth, to catch any dirty drips.
- Shift gear on bike to smallest rear cog
- Remove top of device by sliding the top section forwards and lifting
- Place the lower part of your chain in the chain cleaner device, and push down so the chain is seated amongst the bristles and exit sponge.
- Place the upper part of the chain cleaning device over the chain, and clip into place.
- Attach the handle. (slide right to left to affix)
- Pour Gumchained Remedy into the device through the 2 small holes on the top, until the lower part of the brushes are submerged.
- While holding the device by the handle, turn the pedals anticlockwise, to run the chain through the device. Perform this for around 1 minute, or until chain is clean.
- Remove the device, and wipe the chain with a rag or Crankalicious Cell Foam chain cleaning sponge to dry.
- Repeat steps 4 to 9 if chain is still dirty.
- Lubricate the chain with Crankalicious Science Friction Ceramic Lube to prevent rust and prolong life.